LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Problem after Upgrade

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi mark,

I started all over again with my site tonight, it is not ready to go live so its not an issue.

I can create the Leagues/Ladders and set them up to apply/join respectively but they both say they are closed for sign ups. I have tried everything I can think of Sad

What am I missing?

daggers

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:11 pm

It's all in the dates Wink

You need to give the event a start and end date. If the start date is earlier than now, and the end date is later than now, it's open, it not, it isn't.

There used to be an active / inactive flag, but people complained they had to manually set it, so I added dates so you can set when the event starts and ends and not have to worry about setting it inactive when it's finished.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:20 pm

They are set correctly bud

Please see attached

daggers

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:35 pm

OK, then check which games the team trying to sign up plays (dates are the thing most people trip up on!)

The event is for a game. A team wishing to play in that event has to play that game. In the team's control panel they can add the game(s) they play to their profile.

From your site I see that one of your teams plays cod4, the other doesn't.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Still not it bud Sad

Running the previous version, 2 nights ago, we had leagues & ladders running without a problem.. apart from the maps error

feel free to join and give it a try Smile

daggers

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:47 pm

It's falling over on the dates, the message you're getting is only triggered by the current date / time falling outside the sign-up date / time. Perhaps your web server's date / time is out by a bit?

Try expanding the date / time to something you know can't be the cause, like sign-up start a month ago, and end next month.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:53 pm

That did it, I think your server might be an hour out Wink

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 pm

You are a star mate, I will get on to my provider straight away.

The League I changed to a month previous but the Ladder I changed to an earlier time, 16:00

Thank you for your help Mark it is much appreciated Smile :)

daggers

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Well it's either that or DragonFly's fault. I'm not convinved DragonFly handles DST (Daylight Saving Time) properly, and mComp relies on DragonFly to tell it the time. If it turns out it's not your server's fault it might be worth looking into this a bit deeper.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Apart from your own profile there does not appear to be any way to alter the time within Dragonfly. Looking at the time on our clan forums which is running on the same server it appears to be correct

daggers

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:44 am

Yeah, DragonFly has a function called gmtime() which is supposed to return the correct time, but I suspect it doesn't adjust for BST (British Summer Time)

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Yep, that is what I found out. Every user has to adjust their timezone/DST from their profile but this wont change the start time of mComp as the core of Dragonfly remains at GMT +/-0 Sad

I dont suppose there is a way of relating mComp to correct server time or player profile

EDIT: must remember to post everything at once Very Happy

Doing some testing until the early hours, cant seem to see how the random map setting works. Maps are in place, max maps set to 2, and random maps set to yes, if you then tick the maps they all appear, if you dont tick the maps then nothing appears

daggers

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:10 pm

You're right, it's not taking any notice of the map pool or the number of maps when selecting a random sample, it's picking all the maps defined for the game, for each fixture it creates.

I need to do some work on this, at the moment I'm struggling to get it to refer to the map pool let alone pick the correct number! I'll get back to you.

Random maps does work on Ladders though, I've tested that! Smile

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:59 pm

OK, hopefully got this fixed, but I'd appreciate you testing this before I make it the current release.

Please note:-

1. You need to add maps to the map pool for the event, by selecting "maps" from the drop-down list of options for the event on the My Events page. Only maps in the map pool will be considered for selection.

2. When you select "schedule" from the drop-down list of options for the event on the My Events page it shows all the maps in the map pool, with all of them selected. If you have, for example, 5 maps in the pool, but you've opted for 2 maps per fixture, it will choose 2 at random from those 5.

3. You must of course add teams to the event before you can generate any fixtures!

If that works for you I'll make it the current release. I've tested it locally with 2 teams in a League type event with 2 maps chosen from a 5 map pool and it seems to work as expected.

Last edited by mark on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem after Upgrade

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Will test it tonight and get back to you Smile

daggers

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next