LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

auto acceptance of result

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:06 pm

Havent come across this yet but some clans do take their time if they lose a match

is there any way to have the system auto accept the result when entered by the winning team after say 48 hours?

squaddie
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:14 pm

It depends.

To do what you ask completely unattended would require the ability to run CRON jobs on your server (if it's Linux) or Scheduled Tasks (if it's Windows) and have permission / ability to run command line PHP programs. The reason being that web pages, and therefore all the code behind them, are produced "on demand". To do what you ask would require running a program on the server at a scheduled point in time, and would be completely external to DragonFly, and indeed the web server itself.

Alternatively if you wanted a page within the module that you could go to on a periodic basis and run an "update all since date" kind of routine, that could be done, but you'd have to access the page and run the program manually.

The other problem would be the rules mComp would have to operate by. How does it know who lost? I assume you're refering to Ladder matches when one team has entered a result and the other has yet to accept it?

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:40 pm

yeh thats what I mean Mark

the winning clan enters the result & if not accepted within 48 hours & no conflict filed then the system auto accepts

squaddie
Regular
Regular

Re: auto acceptance of result

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:41 pm

I agree that this would be a very useful feature. The losing player often tends to simply ignore his duty to confirm a result (one reason I had lots of complaints earlier).

In addition to such a deadline one might even thing of an option to place x penalty points for simply not confirming the result even when auto-confirmed.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:30 am

I have thought about this issue a bit. What do you think about this (maybe additional) option:

Instead of requiring both players to enter/accept a specific result, the result entered by one player counts. The other player, however, is being notified and now has the option to dispute the result. If such a dispute is being entered, the admin will be notified and can make a judgement. The result entered first will stay in tact though until it is being changed by the admin.

By this the whole process could be speeded up a lot since it is mainly the winning player anyway who is eager to enter the result.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 pm

I've been looking into this and it's a bit complicated, but I am working on it and I'll let you know when I have something to offer.

Golem, what you suggest can't happen, many, many additional processes are executed when a result is entered (and confirmed), I couldn't make it so the result is confirmed but could be over-ridden and changed later.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:11 pm

- mark
I've been looking into this and it's a bit complicated, but I am working on it and I'll let you know when I have something to offer.

Golem, what you suggest can't happen, many, many additional processes are executed when a result is entered (and confirmed), I couldn't make it so the result is confirmed but could be over-ridden and changed later.

I was expecting this might lead to unsolvable problems when I thought about it again. This really is a tricky issue. Maybe you can find a good solution.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:17 am

Since this obviously is a complicated issue I was thinking that, as a short term solution, it might be useful if the opponent would be notified via e-mail that a result has been entered and asked to confirm/reject the result with the specific link.

Many "forgotten" matches might be avoided by this measure already.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Page 1 of 1