LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

mPics

Forum for general discussion and stuff that doesn't go somewhere else
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

mPics

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 pm

I like the looks of your gallery here Kendle.
Is it available for download - free or purchased?
What is it's features and so on?
templated ?

PoKo

mPics

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi PoKo, long time no see Wink

I've not released mPics yet, still working on it (in fact been working on it for a long time now!).

It's a proper module, templated, admin functions, etc. Multiple albums in multiple categories (and sub-categories, and sub-sub-categories etc.). User upload (optional), Admin upload, import an album from Coppermine, batch add a folder full of pictures (uploaded via FTP etc.) to an album, auto-thumbnail generation (size configurable), view an album as a slideshow, javascript side scrolling picture selector within an album, add to favourites, report inappropriate pictures to a named user (sends him/her a PM), rate pictures, various AJAX functions I've been playing with in mPics and mClip.

Some things don't work as I'd like them, and there's no permission system (no way to view / hide albums by user group).

I'm not sure if or when I'm going to release it to be honest. It's cleaner, better integrated with DF, and more user-friendly than Coppermine (in my opinion) but isn't as feature rich, and only uses the GD image library for image re-sizing (Coppermine supports other libraries like imagemagik).

It also doesn't have "user" galleries like Coppermine does, I intended for people like me who want a gallery to show off their own stuff, rather than community sites offering a gallery function to users.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

mPics

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Sounds great to me! Can't wait to see it released.
I've also looked at what you have done with mClips. Some great stuff there with the add to Facebook features etc. Something to think about also with this module. Will buy a copy of both when you are done with them!

I would be happy to test what you already have as well if it doesn't mean I'll have to re-install everything included the pics when a richer final release is done...

Yeah... Since DFbounty went down I kinda got fed up with everything for a while. Been spending my time in the sailboat mostly, but now I am in with the flue while the sun is shining... Duh!

PoKo

mPics

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:26 pm

Any news on this module as of now Mark?

PoKo

mPics

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:37 pm

I still haven't done anymore work on it, it's still not really ready. I had someone who wanted me to help him make a site for a photographer using this module, but he hasn't come back to me in a while, otherwise that would've kick started the process again.

At the moment I'm in the middle of a big project that's not DragonFly related, so it'll be a while before I get back to this, or anything else for that matter.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Page 1 of 1