LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Awards & Multi Stage Events

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi Mark,

would an option for multi-stage tournaments (group stage and K.O. stage) be possible where the admin could set that only the K.O. stage should count towards the awards record? If - optionally - one could set for each competition whether it should count towards awards, it would help holding small "friendly" tournaments or pre-quelifiers without infuelcing the overall awards.

Right now the two stages are beint treated as individual events and show two champions for one competition.

Regards,

Golem

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:45 pm

I assume you mean on the team profile page? Because on the event page the awards block at the top only looks at the last event if there's more than one.

I've had a look at the code and I think it'd be a little complicated to work out which event awards should be allocated to if there's more than one in a sequence from within the team profile page. It may well be the simplest and most flexible solution would be as you suggest an "Assign awards for this Event Yes/No" flag in the Event table.

I'll give it some thought, should be easy enough but as you know it's finding the time Wink

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Awards & Multi Stage Events

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:20 pm

- mark
I assume you mean on the team profile page? Because on the event page the awards block at the top only looks at the last event if there's more than one.

No I do mean the awards page that you access from the main competition screen. I have 3 competitions there that consist of a group stage and a k.o. stage. On the awards in 2 of these 3 competitions both stages are being displayed with 1st to 3rd place.

Interestingly this does not apply to the 3rd of those competitions:
www.mastersleague.net/...wards.html

Maybe it is some setting that I need to change?

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:55 am

I meant the main event page:-

www.mastersleague.net/...ent=6.html

The awards block at the top only looks for awards relating to the last event displayed.

Everywhere else awards are simply read from the awards table, regardless of whether the event was the last in a set.

I think the best solution is to add a flag so each individual event can have awards turned on or off at your discretion.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Page 1 of 1