LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Leaving ladder and reseting Starting Points

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:27 am

Is there a way to prevent this? I noticed that after a while some players that lose more games leave the ladder and join it right after to reset their points.

bugus

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:29 am

Can this be done? I noticed that on the knowledge base it was possible to set something like Team Can Leave - Yes/No. Probably on an older version.

bugus

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:14 am

At the moment this can't be done I'm afraid. There was an option in an earlier version, but if you allowed teams to leave a ladder there was nothing to stop them immediately rejoining to reset their points.

I'll add it to the to-do list because it's an obvious feature the system should really have.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:09 pm

cand this be done faster pls...i am really having problem following 100+ playersw on ladder

bugus

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Sorry bugus, I've been busy with a new version of mTeam, which I wanted to get finished before returning to mComp.

I'll get on to this ASAP (hopefully have it done in the next few days) because you're right in that it's an obvious loophole in the system that needs closing.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:15 am

bugus, check the sticky thread:-

www.cmsdreams.co.uk/Fo...t=582.html

New version v4.4.1 just uploaded, which hopefully fixes this problem.

A new field has been added to the Event settings called No. Days to disallow Re-Join (go to My Events -> Edit against the Ladder you want to set a value for).

If this field contains a non-zero value the team / player won't be able to re-join a Ladder until this number of days after leaving it. To make this work the date and time a team / player joins a Ladder, or leaves it, is recorded in the log file (viewable from Admin -> Log). So you get visibility of when a team / players joins / leaves a Ladder, and you also get the option of deleting the log entry should you want to override the setting for a particular team / player at any time (if you delete the log entry mComp won't know when the team / player left the Ladder and so won't prevent them re-joining).

I hope this sorts you out. What it won't do of course is know when existing teams joined / left the Ladder, so it'll only affect teams / players joining / leaving from now on.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Leaving ladder and reseting Starting Points

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:54 pm

I am not using the ladder in v4 (yet). But what I can imagine is that a small confirmation popup warning the players that they won't be able to rejoin the ladder for x days would prevent a lot of moaning and complaining.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Thank you so much, I will try it tomorrow and leet you know - been out of town this week. It's very nice you are focusing on details and are opened for feed back

All the best.

LE: The new feature applies for a specific ladder (competition) I guess..right?

Example :

I set the time 30 days, player leaves the Ladder named July on 27th, but on 1st August I open a new ladder - he will be able to join this ..right? and the ban limit will apply only for the ladder named July.

bugus

Re: Leaving ladder and reseting Starting Points

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 am

Yes, the time limit applies to a specific Ladder, you can set different time limits for different Ladders, and the time limit for one Ladder doesn't effect any others.

Is that what you wanted?

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:09 pm

yes, thank you Very Happy - I have test it and it works fine

bugus

Page 1 of 1