LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

How to prevent Team Leaders entering results

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Re: Results problems

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:38 am

- mark
Within the Admin section of the module there's an option entitled Allow Competitors to Manage their Profiles. This must be Yes. This is a global setting that enables or disables all user functionality. That option being No is the only reason I can see for team leaders / trustees not being able to enter results, assuming the Competition allows it.

Mark, I have Admin only results set in the Event setup, but I have found out the team Leaders have been adding the results aswell, If I set this global thing to "no" what do you mean by disabling all user functions?

I dont want Leaders/trustees entering results!
hence I set it to admin Only in the Ladder setup.

EMiR

Results problems

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:56 am

The global option was originally designed to turn off all user interaction, meaning the site admin needed to do everything. With this setting disabled players can't create or manage their own player profiles, or create teams, or join competitions etc., so it's pretty far reaching.

If team leaders are entering results make sure they're not also admins for the competition. And remember that if you create an admin for a game without specifying an event they automatically become admins for all events for that game.

Also check what version of mComp you're using because there were some issues with earlier v4.x versions. I'm pretty confident that the permission checks in v4.3.1 (the latest version) are solid.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Results problems

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:05 pm

I gave the opition a quick test, and yer I see what you mean about far reaching.

yer the first thing I did, was check the permissions list.
and there is only have myself and 1 other.

I have checked the "who can enter result" in the event setup, and it set to "Admins only"

But the all leaders can enter a result for thier fixtures.

EMiR

Results problems

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:08 pm

yer I am running 4.3.1

EMiR

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:00 pm

Same deal as pa1n, if you'd like to make me an Admin on your site (mComp only obviously) I'll take a look, might be an idea if I knew what your site was so I could register as well Smile

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:36 am

clanwars.net.au

more than happy to give you admin

EMiR

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:08 am

OK, I've registered on your site under the name Kendle (my playing name), if you can make me an Admin of the Comp module (i.e. from within the module go to the permissions section and make me admin of all games / all events), I'll see what I can dig out.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:52 pm

FWIW, I got the same problem.

Oracleman

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:12 pm

In that case same answer, if I can have Admin access to the mComp module I'll take a look, as I can't see anything wrong in the code so I need a better understanding of what's going on. EMiR's never given me access so maybe you will?

I've registered on your site as Kendle just in case.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:29 pm

Sure no problem, I will give you admin privs right away. PLz note that all competitions except the cod4 ladder are LIVE.

Plz observe that I have abandoned the "Admin only" idea as far as score entering is concerned. I'm letting the clanreps do the entering for now.

But if you can get a hint it's good. Your admin privs is active now.

Oracleman

Page 1 of 1