LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

1.2 - Multiple Installations

Forum for general discussion and stuff that doesn't go somewhere else
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

1.2 - Multiple Installations

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:01 am

Follow these instructions for installing a 2nd or subsequent copy of mKnow on your website:-

Note: For the purpose of these instructions I'm going to assume you're creating an additional installation called FAQ.

1) Create a new folder called /modules/FAQ/ and copy the contents of /modules/Knowledge_Base/ to this folder.

2) Open /modules/FAQ/cpg_inst.php and edit these lines:-

Line 20 change this:-

PHP:
class Knowledge_Base

to this:-

PHP:
class FAQ

Line 31 change this:-

PHP:
  function Knowledge_Base()

PHP:
  function FAQ()

3) Open /modules/FAQ/search.inc and edit these lines:-

Line 19 change this:-

PHP:
class Knowledge_Base_search

PHP:
class FAQ_search

Line 29 change this:-

PHP:
  function Knowledge_Base_search()

PHP:
  function FAQ_search()

4) Copy the file /language/yourlanguage/knowledge.php to /language/yourlanguage/faq.php. Note: The file name must be the same as your new module name and it must be lower case!

5) If you want to have a Latest Articles block for your new installation do this:-

Copy the file /blocks/block-KBase-Latest.php to /blocks/block-FAQ-Latest.php

Edit this file and change this line:-

PHP:
$modulename  = 'Knowledge_Base';  // Module Name. If you've changed it, change this variable as well

PHP:
$modulename  = 'FAQ';  // Module Name. If you've changed it, change this variable as well

6) Upload your new files, remembering to upload the contents of /themes/YOURTHEME/templates/Knowledge_Base to /themes/YOURTHEME/templates/FAQ instead, and install through the Admin Panel -> Modules option as per any normal module.

Original article

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1.2 - Multiple Installations

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:56 am

If you use a "Waiting Content" block, this may interest you.

This is a very versatile module. I needed a Content module with the ability to use group permissions for the submission of content. This works wonderful as a "Content" module. If you follow the instructions provided, this module will work in multiple installations, just like Mark said. I tried it out on a site and it worked fine, with no problems. I tried it out on another site and it immediately broke my v.9.0.6.1 site. I mean it broke it terribly and all I got was a database error message, and not much else. The site I was installing it on was early in the development process so I thought I would start over and troubleshoot the problem with this second site and try to find the error. For some reason the page was only telling me of an error, I got no explanation for the error even after I went into the database and changed the error notification messages to yes. At any rate I will pass on what I found...

I reinstalled the database. I added the mKnow, herein referred to as the "Content" module as I changed all name references in this thread (by the way, it is a very good job of explaining Mark, thanks.) I went to the Admin.php -> Modules and installed the Content Module. The page refreshed and all was well. I clicked on the block to activate it and it broke the site again. This time DF gave me this CMS message:

includes/db/db.php

* CMS Warning line 51: On /admin.php?op=modules While executing query "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM prefix_kbase WHERE awaiting=1" the following error occured: Table 'username_dbname.prefix_kbase' doesn't exist In: /home/username/public_html/modules/Content/admin/adwait.inc on line: 35

I took a look at the file mentioned and made the connection that the problem was a name reference problem between the remaned Content module and the "Waiting Content" block in DF. I went into the /modules/Content/admin/adwait.inc file and made a few name reference changes:

Line 21: rename the module to FAQ, Content or whatever you renamed it to .
Line 22: at the end of the row, change the $prefix.'_NAME-HERE_config
Line 25: change $prefix.'_NAME-HERE_' Be sure to use a lowercase letter here.
Line 35: change $prefix.'_NAME-HERE WHERE awaiting=1

I summized that there was a problem with the waiting content block being active on the second mKnow "Content" install and it wasn't active on the first install. At any rate, after I made the changes above, the error message went away and the database is working again. No errors.

You won't have this problem if your waiting content block is not active, but I suspect that you will, if you make it active. I pass this on in hopes that it will save some one some time, and mental anguish.

Cheers Mark, thanks for a wonderful module.

warden

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:47 am

I thought I'd fixed that in the latest version, but I think there's still an issue with version checking, which appears when you install the module under a different name.

I've just uploaded v3.1.5 which I hope fixes this once and for all. It's only /modules/Knowledge_Base/admin/adwait.inc that's different between this version and v3.1.4.

As a general rule though you should always deactivate anything you're upgrading (and do so before uploading any files), as you never know what issues there may be when new code mixes with old data structures.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:11 am

I just paid for the mKnow module. I've been using it since I switch to Dragonfly CMS. I love it, Mark! Keep up the good work! By the way, are you planning on doing a (game) Reviews module? Man, I would pay for an exclusive Reviews module.

Blueracer66

Page 1 of 1