LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Several questions regarding mcomp

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Several questions regarding mcomp

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm impressed by the layout and functions of firstfrag.org and am considering buying mcomp to build my own gaming website. But I still have some doubts which I hope you can clear up for me:

1. Does the mcomp package for sale contain mclip (I think the Movie player on firstfrag.org is a feature of it?) and mstore modules?

2. Is it compatible with other popular DF modules like Wiki, Download Pro and shoutblock etc.?

3. Is there any ad management module that can be used with mcomp?

Regards,

Jermin

Re: Several questions regarding mcomp

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 am

Hi Jermin

To answer your questions directly :-

1. The movie player on firstfrag.org is part of a separate module. Although I offer the module for free it's not available for download because it can be a bit complicated to set up. It's more a page building tool and I like to know who's got it and what they're doing with it, so I only provide it to people who ask for it, and even then you'd probably need my help setting it up (really should write some documentation for it one day!).

mStore is the module I use here to sell mComp, but it's not available, either for sale or otherwise, because it's rather old and there's a better, free, module available called Storez :- dragonflycms.org/Downl...d=485.html I recommend using that instead if you want to sell stuff.

2. There's nothing in any of my modules that prevents you using any other module, although I've personally not used the Wiki or Shoutblock. DragonFly is the CMS, mComp is just a module for DF. Once you have DF you can use anything written for it.

3. There may be some stuff available for DF, but I have no experience of any ad management system myself.

Hope that helps.

mComp has been running in anger on :- www.urban-zone.org/ for several years, and they are looking to move to a theme similar to firstfrag.org which I tentatively started working on recently :- uz.leaguecms.co.uk

It's a pity firstfrag.org never took off, a lot of work went into that site and it was never used. Sad

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks for the reply, mark.

I might ask you to help me set up that movie player as well if I buy mcomp (very likely).

I see this forum has been inactive for a while. Do you happen to be occupied by other projects right now?

Will you have enough time to help me sort it out together with other problems I encounter while I am building my own esports site using dragonfly and mcomp?

Don't get me wrong, though. I know after-sale support is not listed as a part of the purchase. But I really hope you can take some time to help me out if I encounter some problems that I'm unable to fix myself. You are the man who built it after all.

I'm interested in the extra functions you put into firstfrag.org. Can you elaborate on it a bit?

And you built that site up entirely by yourself and sold it to its owner?

Jermin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:08 pm

This forum is inactive because all the action takes place in the private forums Smile Well, not all that much action, but more than here. I provide a private forum for mComp users and they usually post stuff in there rather than in public. You'll have access to that forum if you buy the module.

mComp is still being actively developed, with UrbanZone being my biggest user and who I'm talking to almost daily about any issues they have.

Firstfrag.org was a collaboration between myself, a guy called Tront who is a long time supporter of the DOD (Day of Defeat) community and RedHelix who I've known for years and have worked with on other sites before. I did the coding, Red did the graphics, and Tront made the tea. Smile

It was a lot of work because Red made a custom theme and graphics, which I've since shamelessly plagerised and is the basis for the theme I use here and intend to use for UrbanZone. It also uses slightly customised versions of various standard components that come with mComp or the content system, mainly to do with presentation. Red didn't want it looking like any old DF site (in which he succeeded).

Having said that a lot of the work Red and I did on firstfrag.org has found it's way into mComp, like the "Host Your Own Competition" feature. That was not particularly well developed before then, but is now, and the main Competition block at the top of the page didn't exist at all but has since been added to the standard mComp distribution and is also used on UrbanZone.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

Order placed. See you in the private forum. Smile

Jermin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:55 am

Payment received, thanks Jermin. Smile

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Page 1 of 1