LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Arranger or trustee

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Arranger or trustee

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:38 pm

On our site, if a member of a clan is an arranger then they cant enter results, but can arrange matches,is this by design?
If they are a trustee then they can enter results

squaddie
Regular
Regular

Arranger or trustee

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Yes, it's by design. Can't for the life of me think why but I guess I must've thought it was a good idea at the time! Smile

Would you like arrangers to be able to enter results also?

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arranger or trustee

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:25 pm

if thats possible please

squaddie
Regular
Regular

Arranger or trustee

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:22 pm

or if you could tell where to change the code for permissions

squaddie
Regular
Regular

Arranger or trustee

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:50 am

Looking at the code there doesn't seem to be any difference between Arranger and Trustee (or Leader for that matter when it comes to arranging matches and accepting / entering results). It's so long ago since I did that part I can't remember who asked for the distinction or why, but basically the player table contains a status field which is either zero or non-zero. If it's non-zero they can enter results, simple as that.

If your arrangers can't enter results I'd like to know the circumstances under which they can't, because there are other factors that affect this beyond their status. For example, you can't enter a result once a result has already been entered and the match flagged as played. For Ladder challenges you can't enter a result until the challenge has been accepted (until a match is accepted it can only be cancelled (if you're the challenger) or accepted / declined / rescheduled (if you're the one being challenged)).

Another thing to note is that if someone is a competition admin and also a Trustee of a team, their admin status takes precedence, so it may be a Trustee can enter results not because he's a Trustee but because he's an admin.

Either way I need some more info because at the moment there's nothing in the code that makes any distincion between Arranger and Trustee.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arranger or trustee

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:18 pm

k ill check & get back to you Mark

thx

squaddie
Regular
Regular

Arranger or trustee

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:16 am

I don't like not knowing why something is the way it is, especially when I made it so! The difference between Arranger and Trustee appears to be that a Trustee can add / remove players from his / her team, Arrangers can't. Both have identical permissions as regards entering results.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arranger or trustee

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:58 am

hmm seems i had some misinformation on this Mark

ive just tested it & both can input the results, sorry to waste your time, seems we have some not so bright sparks on our site, who thought they were clan admins cos it says so on their website but the leader didnt add them in the comp module

squaddie
Regular
Regular

Page 1 of 1