LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Time and Date

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Time and Date

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi Mark,

is it possible to modify MComp so that it uses the server time +x to for display, fixtures, sign up etc?

Thanks in advance.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Time and Date

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Not sure I understand the question, mComp displays the dates and times you enter, do you mean you want to enter a time and have it displayed differently from what you entered?

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Time and Date

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:58 pm

Since our community is international we use GMT for every event. Apparently (correct me if I am wrong) MComp is using the server time to e.g. lock rosters or start/end sign up process for an event.

So If I set the end date for sign up to an event to say today, 17:00 then MComp is going to lock the event at 17:00 server time.

I was wondering if i could alter it so that 17:00 does not mean local server time to MComp but GMT (which would be +2 right now where I live) so that people would not "lose" 2hrs for signing up etc.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Time and Date

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:29 pm

Ah, OK. That isn't possible, to mComp a date and time is just a text string, it doesn't know about timezones.

In mTeam I've recently implemented a new date / time library that takes dates / times in a user's local timezone and converts them to GMT for storage, then displays them back in the user's local time, so if you set a lock for 17:00pm GMT someone in GMT+2 would see it displayed as 19:00pm, and someone in GMT-3 would see it as 14:00pm etc.

That however took some doing, and I can't imagine I'd work it into mComp any time soon.

As a workaround you could find the gmtime() function in DragonFly (I think it's in /includes/cmsinit.inc) and amend it so server time is actually GMT.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Time and Date

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:26 am

Thanks for the info Mark.

The new MTeam library really sounds like a neat solution which MComp would benefit strongly from as well. Looking forward to this additional feature sometime in the (distant?) future Smile

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Page 1 of 1