LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Flagging events

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Flagging events

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:12 pm

First of all: Thanks for the new version of MComp with lots of good new features.

Feature: Events can be flagged as subject to awards, or not. Previously all events, apart from Ladders, were allocated awards when complete, even if they were qualifying events in a multi-stage competition.

This option does appear but I cannot set it to anything as can be seen below (neither for completed nor for new events).

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Flagging events

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:53 am

Oops, copy / pasted another field and not amended it properly. In file /modules/Competition/event/functions.inc change line 315 from this:-

Code:
$fld_lockrost = '<select name="eawards">'.get_yesno_list($edata['eawards']).'</select>';

to this:-

Code:
$fld_awards = '<select name="eawards">'.get_yesno_list($edata['eawards']).'</select>';

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flagging events

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:23 am

The option is showing up now. thx Smile

However, neither the the main awards screen (... Competition/awards.html) nor the 'achievements' in a team's profile seem to be affected by setting the 'no' option. Those events still are being counted as awards.

Testing this I have noticed that there is no 'achievements' info on a player profile for 1v1 events or awards together with his team. I assume that this is on purpose though.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 pm

- Golem

However, neither the the main awards screen (... Competition/awards.html) nor the 'achievements' in a team's profile seem to be affected by setting the 'no' option. Those events still are being counted as awards.

Yes, the new field doesn't affect the display of awards, just whether they're recorded for the event or not. Any existing events, for which awards were recorded (because previously they were recorded for all events) still show. It will be events in the future that will have awards recorded or not.

I did it this way because it was easier, a lot easier. If this is an issue I can probably do a one-off update rountine to remove awards for events no longer flagged as requiring them recorded.

- Golem

Testing this I have noticed that there is no 'achievements' info on a player profile for 1v1 events or awards together with his team. I assume that this is on purpose though.

There should be awards for 1-v-1 events, because it that context the player is the "team" that took part in the event (I might have missed the code out to display them, but they should be recorded).

There won't be any awards on a player profile that were earned by his / her team. You'd have to assume all awards earned by a team were earned by every member of the team, past, present and future. I believe the player profile lists the teams he / she plays for, I could add those team's achievements to that list, if it would help?

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:43 pm

- mark

Yes, the new field doesn't affect the display of awards, just whether they're recorded for the event or not. Any existing events, for which awards were recorded (because previously they were recorded for all events) still show. It will be events in the future that will have awards recorded or not.

I did it this way because it was easier, a lot easier. If this is an issue I can probably do a one-off update rountine to remove awards for events no longer flagged as requiring them recorded.

So if I understand correctly all future events that have set the flag to "no" will not count towards the achievements and will not be displayed on the pages below. If this is the case then everything is alright and fine Smile

If there is a not-too-complex way to modify the the database directly then
a routine to remove the current awards is not necessary (at least not for me).

There should be awards for 1-v-1 events, because it that context the player is the "team" that took part in the event (I might have missed the code out to display them, but they should be recorded).

There won't be any awards on a player profile that were earned by his / her team. You'd have to assume all awards earned by a team were earned by every member of the team, past, present and future. I believe the player profile lists the teams he / she plays for, I could add those team's achievements to that list, if it would help?

I looked up a player that I know has definitely won a 1v1 and couldn't find any info on that in his profile (he shows as the winner on the competition/awards.hmtl page). If that were the case then everything would be fine already.

What I thought would be a nice feature is that a team achievement would still show on an individual player's profile (with what team in which event) even when he left the team and now plays for a different one. But by all means please please do not see this as a special request. I am very happy and excited about the achievements feature already and glad you have implemented it the way it is. Smile

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:22 am

- Golem

If there is a not-too-complex way to modify the the database directly then
a routine to remove the current awards is not necessary (at least not for me).

Is this possible Mark?
Cheers in advance.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:45 am

Sorry Golem, been pre-occupied with a new version of mTeam lately. Embarassed

1. Go through your Events and set the Awards Y/N flag as appropriate on all of them.

2. Take a backup copy of the table cms_compposn.

3. Run this query on your database:-

Code:
DELETE FROM cms_compposn
USING cms_compposn
INNER JOIN cms_compevent ON cms_compevent.event = cms_compposn.event
WHERE cms_compevent.eawards = 0

That should remove existing awards for Events you don't want them recorded for.

I haven't tested it though, so please make sure you take a copy of cms_compposn before doing this! Shocked

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:53 am

Works perfectly so far Mark. Thanks. Smile

The only small problem I have is that in the date on the awards screen column I do not get the actual date that I have set for the competition but merely a "----" for every event.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:14 pm

- Golem

The only small problem I have is that in the date on the awards screen column I do not get the actual date that I have set for the competition but merely a "----" for every event.

Solved: Found the db field via awards.php that needed to be updated manually Smile

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Page 1 of 1