LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Changing maps after the result has been entered

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:23 am

In previous versions it was possible to change the map of a fixture even after the result has been entered (via the "edit" option). This doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

Sometimes the maps are being confused or entered wrong by mistake. It came in handy to be able to fix that later after a tournament. Is it possible to somehow re-activate this feature manually in a file somehow?

Custom fields: Insome fixtures I have noticed that custom fields are being filled automatically with random data when Mcomp automatically creates fixtures. Not a big issue. though I'd let you know though.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:18 pm

I don't know if or when it was possible to alter the maps used after a match was played, but once it's flagged as played you certainly can't now. Scores are recorded per map, as well as per match, and so adding / removing them would mean adjusting the score, which might have other effects as lots of additional processes are now executed on match result entry, such as re-ordering division tables, allocating awards if applicable, and auto-generation of the next fixture if applicable, for example. Certainly there's now way too much going on when results are entered to allow them to be changed after certain other processes have been executed.

Auto-generated fixtures don't create any entries in the custom fields table, the fixture, team, and maps tables are the only ones affected.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing maps after the result has been entered

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds logic but wasn't sure if it was meant to be this way.

The reason why I ask is the fact that when you create a fixture, you often do not know yet what map the match is going to be played on (e.g. when people go random). Still you have to add a map in advance (created a "dummy" map for this). What do you think about making the map selection non-mandatory when creating the schedule and/or integrate it into the result entering page. This way you could cope with both: events that have pre-defined maps and events where the map of a map is decided during the game.

About the custom fields: Not a biggie. But I am positive about the fact that after a fixture has been created, all of the custom fields for it (no matter if text or lookup etc.) sometimes had a random selection in them the next time I looked at it. Of course I can't say if this is because of the auto-creation. Was just a guess.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Page 1 of 1