LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

E-mailing server passwords

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:28 pm

Would it be possible to add the the module now is it possible to link it in with teh server? so that when a match is arranged between 2 teams they submit teh details and a server is automatically booked and passwords sent off to the captains and the admin for that game section

2DNED

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:02 am

Short answer, no.

I've been asked for this before and it's a big can of worms, not only are there many types of server, some of which can be controlled and others can't, and even those that can being controlled in different ways, but there's also the problem of having a set of servers and a calendar function to organise them.

It would be quite a big modification, and although I see it's value to an extent I also tend to think it's beyond the scope of a DragonFly module. In my experience most online gaming competitions involve Clans who have their own servers and can liase with each other and decide where to play "on the fly" far more easily than it would be possible to do via a web site.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Page 1 of 1