LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Schedule addon

The public support form for mComp, online gaming Competition Management Software
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Schedule addon

Post Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:59 pm

I dunno if this will be hard or not. I'm having issues with scheduling competitions and its honestly making me pull my hair out. Is there a way to do an addon. Say the 2 teams that are scheduled to play post a time and date and the other team agrees on it. Or something of that nature..... Thanks

pa1n

Schedule addon

Post Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:37 pm

What issues are you having? I assume you're talking about a Knockout competition (because for Leagues and Ladders you can enable the challenge mechanism whereby teams suggest a date and time and the other accepts, or not, with full traceability of who's done what and a limit on how many times the match can be re-scheduled).

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Schedule addon

Post Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:34 pm

Well I'm running the league but as a tourney. Like 10 play 10 rounds and I schedule it before the competitions start. I just need something like a schedule module or something that way I can see when they are playing and what time so I can setup refs and stuff.

pa1n

Schedule addon

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:37 pm

The only response I can make is to ask you to write out a proper specification, because I don't understand what you're asking for.

If your competition is a League (as in what mComp calls a League) then you have the facility for teams to schedule their own matches by suggesting a date to their opponent and the other team accepting the suggestion or responding with their own.

If the competition is a League you have an auto-schedule generator that will create all the relevant fixtures for every team for every game as long as you can provide some parameters.

With all types of competition you have the facility to view fixtures in a table to see who's playing who and when etc.

I'm really at a loss to understand what "a schedule module or something" means.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Page 1 of 1