LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Mcore

Anything relating to this website
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Mcore

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:45 pm

Curious as I am I (naturally) have to ask what the deal is with that new MCore of yours Mark Wink

Is it supposed to be a stripped-down news replacement to get rid of the "baggage" that comes with the original news module) or is there more behind it ?

Thx in advance for any info.

Last edited by Golem on Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Mcore

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:10 am

Core is something I wrote for www.gamersnation.co.uk

It's a news replacement module essentially but it's also designed to handle most other website content as well. On GN it's used for Articles / Blogs / Reviews etc. as well as News.

For example:-

This is a News article :-

www.gamersnation.co.uk...aming.html

This is a review of a new game :-

www.gamersnation.co.uk...eview.html

This is a blog entry :-

www.gamersnation.co.uk...inues.html

The version on here is a little different (GN's is customised with Site / Platform / Game indexes), plus GN's uses Forums for comments, the one on here doesn't.

Where it also scores over the standard news module is you can upload images as you're writing the artilce, and it will add the approriate bbcode to embed a thumbnail of the uploaded image into the body of the article.

I'd intended to finish off making it a commercial release, but to be honest the just released Pro_News module is effectively the same thing, and it's free, so I don't see much of a market for a commercial equivalent.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mcore

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:41 pm

Why not release mCore as a free download then and state that you're offering NO support whatsoever for it? I know I'd rather keep my m**** modules since they're usually using the same interfaces and stuff...

Angellis_ater
Contributor
Contributor

Mcore

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:28 am

It's not ready for release, free or otherwise, I'd need to tidy it up somewhat. It's a good idea about releasing it for free though, I think it would be "good for business" to have something that was free and could be seen as an example of my work.

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mcore

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:22 am

I recommend adding the slimbox as recently discussed over at dfaddons for the images. Makes things so much nicer to look at. Perhaps below the picture in the news will be a link to discuss the image separately (link to coppermine image if applicable). That should be a leg up on the pro news module which I wasn't actually impressed with.

djdevon3
Regular
Regular

Mcore

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:39 pm

Is there a possibility for the mCore module still, or has it been put on the backburner? I am planning a professional website, and a cleaner News/article interface would be alot nicer to have.

Angellis_ater
Contributor
Contributor

Mcore

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:20 pm

Still no plans to release mCore. I've used it on 4 sites now, and each time customised it to a greater or lesser degree. Can't make up my mind how best to make it "generic".

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mcore

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:58 am

Well that was a downer, I was hoping to be able to avoid having to use BlogsPlus (if I can find it again) for Blogs and have a general integrated system.

Angellis_ater
Contributor
Contributor

Page 1 of 1