LeagueCMS
competition management for DragonFly CMS

Inform about new comments

Forum for general discussion and stuff that doesn't go somewhere else
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Inform about new comments

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:50 pm

Hello mark, first of all thank you for your great module, I am using it a lot on my site: www.wow-pro.com and I really love it, I couldn't properly run my site without Razz

Ok so I have a little question, I use mKnow to store game guides and I enable the comment option so people can add supplementary information. Problem is only that I don't know when users add comments, unless I click on every article and search through them. So in your opinion, what would be the best way to add some sort of NEW COMMENT feature to the knowledgebase? Should I maybe use the custom field function? If yes, what would I need to put? (sorry I don't really know anything about programming =p)

Thank you for your time,

Sapperli

Sapperl

Re: Inform about new comments

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:23 pm

You could try setting the forum as the comments system in the module configuration. That way you'd recognize new comments right away.

Golem
Contributor
Contributor

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:24 pm

And another little question or more like a suggestion... for databases with people that add a lot of comments, it would be nice if the comments were ratable as "useful" by the members. Once they are rated as useful the post takes a different, distinctive color so people who read through an article the first time don't have to read through all the comments just to find the useful ones. An example for such a feature: www.thottbot.com/?i=44356.

People here can vote on the comments... Each "useful" vote apparently brings "0.1" points. Once a comment reaches a score of 1.0 it changes color so the readers can discern it as a useful post. Of course the rating can improve still from there on. If the users rate the comment with "useless" it will subtract "0.1" from the total score of the comment.

Sapperl

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:26 pm

Page 1 of 1